Thank you for accessing this website www.grainmarket.co.uk (“Website”). Please read these User Conditions before using this Website, which is operated by Grainmarket Asset Management LLP (“Grainmarket”) (also “we”, “us” and “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under number OC311404 and with our registered office at Bridewell Gate, 9 Bridewell Place, London EC4V 6AW. Our VAT number is 830 9664 14. We are a specialist real estate investor and asset manager operating in the United Kingdom. We operate this Website for the purpose of promoting services supplied by us. By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of these conditions in return for which we will provide you with access. From time to time we may modify the conditions so please continue to review the conditions of use whenever accessing or using this Website. If at any time you do not wish to accept these conditions then you may not use this Website.
FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
Grainmarket Asset Management LLP is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority under number 483229. Information on this Website is directed at persons within the United Kingdom. This Website is not intended for use by people who are outside the United Kingdom, in particular those in the United States. The pages on this Website are for information only and do not constitute a financial promotion (as defined in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) or other financial, professional or investment advice in any way. If you are not sure about any information contained on this site, you may wish to consult a financial adviser who will be happy to advise what is best for you. Some advisers may charge to provide advice. Please remember that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
Whilst we take steps to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via this Website, we cannot guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material appearing on it. We have no responsibility for content provided by third parties and are merely providing access to such content to you. We have no obligation to verify the content of such information nor to edit any such information provided by third parties. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any third-party details and you acknowledge that any reliance on such information will be at your own risk.
This site and all materials, text, code, content, software, videos, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, marks, formats, files, devices and links contained in it or linked to it (together “Content”) are protected by copyright, trademarks and other rights of intellectual property owned by us or licensed to us. Anyone accessing this Website is entitled to view any part of it. However, the Content must not be used nor reproduced (in whole or part) for any other purpose including on or in connection with another website or publication or for direct commercial gain. Furthermore, any links to this Website must be notified to and approved by us before they are created or steps are taken to create the same.
This Website and its content are provided “as is” excluding warranties of any kind, either express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. We accept no liability for functions contained on the Website and make no warranty that the Website will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that any defect will be corrected. We do not warrant that the Website is compatible with your computer equipment or that the Website or its server is free of errors, viruses, worms or “Trojan horses” and we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of such destructive features.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You acknowledge that your use of this Website and its content is at your own risk. Except for liability which we cannot by law restrict or exclude, we shall have no liability to you or any third party for any direct, indirect or consequential damages (including loss of profits), or any other damages of any kind whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability of certain damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you in its entirety.
LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
This Website is not directed at persons in a jurisdiction where for any reason the Website's publication or availability is prohibited and any person for whom such a prohibition applies must not access the Website. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations.
Grainmarket is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This policy explains the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used, the control you have over your personal data and the procedures we have in place to protect it. It applies to any personal data which is collected and/or provided through the Website. For the purpose of data protection law, Grainmarket is the controller of any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us via the Website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to use the Website and by submitting information to our Website you are accepting the practices described in this policy. We take responsibility for the personal data we collect about you, and we aim to be transparent about how we handle it, and give you control over it.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post any changes on this web page of the Website. You should check this page from time to time to keep up-to-date with any such changes, as the changes will apply to any data we collect after the change. Reasonable changes will also apply to data collected before the change.
The Website may contain links to and from other websites, including websites operated by our members, partners and other third parties. We have no control over any third-party sites that link to or from the Website. If you follow a link to any third-party websites, then please note that they should have their own separate privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you use or submit any personal data to third party websites. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any third-party websites, the privacy policies applicable to them or their use of the information that they collect from you.
Information We Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us
We may collect and process the following information about you in the course of you using the Website:
• Contact details such as your name, signature, address, email address and telephone number and the nature of the products or services in which you are interested. These details are collected when you fill in forms on our Website, when you login to our website or when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you search or interact with our Website and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records of any correspondence between you and us.
Information We Collect About You
During your use of the Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your visit and the device that you have used to access the Website. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual personally. The information that we may collect includes:
• the IP address of the device used to access the Website;
• the internet domain name through which you accessed the Website (which may be, for example, the domain name of your internet service provider or your place of work);
• the length of your session on the Website;
• details of the pages visited on the Website and resources accessed;
• the web browser used by your device to access the Website;
• your device’s operating system; and
• details of any website that provided you with a link to the Website (for example, Google, if you found us using a search engine).
The means by which we collect such information is described in our cookies policy referred to below.
How We Use Your Information
The legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described in this policy, except where we require your consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose, as identified below.
We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, including newsletters or email notifications that you have requested and where you are a Grainmarket investor, to provide you with the information available through our investor login page;
• to provide you with the Website, and the content and services made available through it, including to ensure that the Website and its content are presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use to access them;
• to carry out checks on you, such as credit checks, identification verification checks and anti-money laundering checks, for the purposes of meeting our obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and any other applicable legislation, crime prevention, fraud prevention and credit risk reduction;
• to enable you to participate in the interactive features of the site;
• to provide you with information or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for marketing purposes;
• to deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported on the Website;
• to notify you about changes to our service; and
• to ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may also share information about Website usages and visitor patterns with our members as noted above under the heading 'Information we collect about you' and as more particularly detailed in our cookies policy.
We do not carry out any automated processing using your personal data.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We will not combine the information you give to us and the information we collect about you with information received from other sources.
In most cases you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us but, if you have requested information from us, we will not be able to provide it without certain information, such as your contact details.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection law, we may share your personal data with the following third parties in connection with the purposes described in the “How we use your information” section above:
• our group companies;
• service providers that assist with the management and maintenance of our Website and the storing of data;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website, including as part of the analytics service we provide to our members as more particularly described in our cookies policy;
• organisation that we appoint to handle marketing communications for us;
• organisations that we appoint to conduct market research for us;
• the third parties which we use to carry out the checks that we need to carry out on you, such as identification verification and anti-money laundering checks;
• any other third party, where this is required to assist you with any query you have submitted via the Website.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Grainmarket or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Grainmarket, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Data Security & International Transfers
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We will not be liable for any loss of or interception of your information, unless this results from our failure to use reasonable steps to keep it secure.
Your personal data will not be transferred, or stored, outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) without your prior written consent.
Grainmarket will be the data controller of your personal data. You have a number of legal rights in relation to how your personal data. We have detailed some of your rights below:
• to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
• to access personal data held about you and to obtain a copy of it, including to receive your personal data, which you have provided to Grainmarket, in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible;
• to prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
• to obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
• to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
• to be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
• to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like to obtain a written copy of your personal data please write to us at the address detailed under the Contact Us section. You will need to verify your identity and specify what information you require and provide us with details of an address to which we should send the information. Please note that we may charge you for providing the information, up to the legal maximum.
If you need to amend any of your personal details, you can do so by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate contact details and update them as necessary.
As noted above you have the right to ask us not to send you further marketing communications at any time. You can do so by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below. Each marketing email we send to you will also include an option for you to opt out of further marketing emails.
Grainmarket Asset Management LLP
9 Bridewell Place
If you wish to know more about your rights please visit the Information Commissioner's website at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
VALIDITY OF PROVISIONS AND REMEDIES
If any provision of these conditions is or becomes invalid or contravenes applicable regulations then the remaining provisions will not be affected.
No waiver by us of any breach of these conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other breach. No failure by us to exercise any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
LINKS TO THE SITE
Websites or pages to which this Website is linked (other than other websites operated by us) are for information only and have not been reviewed by us. We have no responsibility for the content of such websites or pages and accept no liability for any losses whatsoever that may be incurred as a result of any linking to the same.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These conditions are governed by the laws of England.